LTE/SAE Evolved Packet Core
Full - €2095
Early Bird - €1875
In House Only
22 May 2013
LTE/SAE Evolved Packet Core 3 day technical training course describes, in detail, the architecture of the LTE/SAE Evolved Packet Core (EPC) network which is an essential component of next generation mobile networks. The overall requirements of the LTE/SAE proposals are examined along with the relationship with the existing components within a mobile network, this is developed into a description of the key interfaces and the protocols deployed.
A detailed analysis of the LTE/SAE architectural functionality is provided along with a description of the architectural reference points and protocols.
The course will also examine the service and Quality requirements of LTE and consider, by means of end-to-end examples, how mobility, security and QoS are supported by the network architecture.
Why should you attend this course?
Attend this highly interactive 3-day course and you will:
- Describe the evolution of the major mobile technologies from 2G to 3.9G and beyond
- Describe the LTE and SAE concepts within the 3GPP standards family
- Identify the functionality of LTE and describe its operation
- List the features of SAE and describe how the architecture can support these features
- Describe the key architectural functions of the Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and the reference points between these
- Identify how the SAE can interwork with an existing mobile core network
- List the mobility states for user devices in LTE and identify how the architecture manages these states
- Show how the time and frequency domains are able to support a Resource Block
- List some of the principle functions of the MAC, RLC and PDCP protocols
- Describe how the EPC supports control and traffic data and relate this to example service scenarios
- Identify the security requirements of LTE/SAE and describe how appropriate security measures are implemented
- The LTE/SAE
- Long Term Evolution (LTE)
- Core Network Evolution
- EPC Architecture
- Protocols for SAE/EPC
Who Should Attend this Course?
Students on this LTE training course would benefit from an understanding of 2G and 2G mobile network architectures and protocols in helping them understand the further evolution to LTE/SAE-based architecture.
This course is available as an in-house option delivered at a date and location convenient to you. more…
Want to learn more?
Contact our training specialist on:
Tel:+44 020 7017 4144