LTE Explained (1 Day Version)
Full - €895
Early Bird - €795
In House Only
25 May 2013
Book 4 weeks before the course starts and save €100
This session begins with a discussion of the main requirements for broadband wireless networks and how LTE proposes to meet those requirements. The business of LTE and the evolution of mobile broadband are examined, and comparisons are made with HSPA and WiMAX systems.
LTE services are discussed and then used to describe the capabilities required of the radio and core network components. The architecture of the LTE network (SAE) is explained and the functions of each of the network elements are discussed. The radio interface is based on OFDMA and supports advanced features such as MIMO and interference management – these concepts are explained in basic terms, as well as the topic of IMT spectrum allocation.
Overall, you will gain a good appreciation of the drivers behind the adoption of LTE technology, as well as the architecture and operation of the LTE system – including an overview of the main features of the OFDM based radio interface that determines the capability of the technology
Why should you attend this course?
Complete this essential 2-day technology training course and you will be able to:
- Discuss with confidence, the drivers and requirements of next generation wireless broadband networks, including changing market dynamics, and both service and technology evolution
- Explain the role of LTE in the future of mobile broadband
- Draw the LTE network architecture
- Describe the function of each LTE network element
- Show how LTE may inter-work with other networks / technologies
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of an OFDM based radio interface
- Explained the basic operation of MIMO antenna techniques, and describe its advantages
- Show how different services can be setup and managed in the LTE system
- Describe two methods of supporting voice services in LTE
- Show how IMS may be used to support services across the LTE network
- Market Technologies & teh Changing Market
- HSPA & HSPA+ Features
- Service Architecture Evolution (SAE)
- Service Provision in LTE
- Summary & Brief Technology Comparison
Who Should Attend this Course?
This programme will be of interest to technical and non-technical staff looking to gain an understanding of the current moves towards LTE networks.
Although no prior knowledge is required, you would benefit from an appreciation of mobile telecommunications.
This course is available as an in-house option delivered at a date and location convenient to you. more…
Want to learn more?
Contact our training specialist on:
Tel: +44 020 7017 4144